"I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven."
Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rat poison kills more than rats

Wild animals and pets die of internal hemorrhage after ingesting poisons.
Rodents may live for several days after ingesting rodenticides making them easy prey.  Owls and nocturnal animals and their young are especially vulnerable.  And these animals are part of the natural food chain to control rodents!

The use of poison may be worsening the problem.  Indications suggest that rodents are developing an increasing immunity to the most lethal doses of poison.

So please, if you have rats use electronic traps or snap traps.  Bring bird feeders and pet food indoors at night.  Seal entry points in your home by patching holes or using steel wool. 

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment