"I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven."
Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Please vote for the black phoebe in FeederWatch's Boring is Beautiful

Black phoebes are big on personality.  Photo by J.J. Meyer

 Please vote for the above black phoebe photo in Project FeederWatch's "Boring is Beautiful" category this week.  Vote at Birdspotter Photo Submissions.

My submission info:
A pair of black phoebes visit my yard daily for handouts of mealworms. Their black and white plumage may seem boring to some. But their personality is anything but boring. They sit on my patio looking into the kitchen window, sometimes hovering in front of it to get my attention. Since they are flycatchers, they catch tossed mealworms on the fly.

Happy Birding!
J.J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment