"I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven."
Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Current Birds & Blooms magazine is buzzing with hummingbirds

The June/July issue of Birds & Blooms magazine
I love reading about the experiences of backyard birders. And the latest issue of Birds & Blooms magazine focuses on one of my favorite backyard visitors: hummingbirds.  One of the magazine's contributors wrote about a hummer with a bumblebee impaled on its bill and another wrote about a leucistic immature ruby-throated hummer that was mostly white.  You can learn more about albinism in George Harrison's column on page 49.  As always, the magazine's photography is stunning. I appreciated the column on how to take better photos of hummingbirds.  I'm going to give some of those tips a try this summer.
Happy Birding!
J.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment