"I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven."
Emily Dickinson

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Birding can be a challenge at Laguna Niguel Regional Park

Song sparrow  Photo by J.J. Meyer

A common yellowthroat  Photo by J. J. Meyer
I captured photos of these two songbirds on my walk at Laguna Niguel Regional Park this morning.  Both were singing their little hearts out.  My goal was to see Bullock's orioles, since the park was listed on eBird as a hotspot for the species.  And I believe I caught a glimpse of a pair atop a eucalyptus tree, but was unable to verify.  Birds seem to stay away from the path around the lake, which is well traveled by joggers and dog walkers.  It was still worth the trip, especially if you want to photograph waterfowl.  For the best birding, venture off the main path, bring good binoculars (of course) and a 300 or greater zoom lens if you plan to take photos.
Happy Birding!
J.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment